Monday, December 6, 2010

Proverbs 6

I had verses 16-19 already highlighted and noted in my Bible. I love that!


16 There are six things the LORD hates, 
   seven that are detestable to him: 
17 haughty eyes,
   a lying tongue,
    hands that shed innocent blood, 

18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, 
   feet that are quick to rush into evil, 
19 a false witness who pours out lies 
   and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.


This passage serves as a great reminder that there is a place for righteous anger. As we seek in our daily lives to have a heart that is increasingly like God's heart we should also grow to hate the things he hates. The kicker is that I would be willing to bet that we can see more than one of these present in our own heart within the past 30 days. I know I can, and that helps to establish an understanding of the holiness of God and our inability to live up to his standard without help!

No comments:

Post a Comment