Friday, December 3, 2010

Proverbs 3

It's interesting being in the position I am, between teaching opportunities and studies, because I have the blessing of reading a lot of scripture, but sometimes I get into a rut of thinking, "this would be a good lesson to teach on," instead of "this cuts to my core and I feel like God's telling me something here." In today's chapter in Proverbs I found a lot of the former and less of the latter, but I want to go personal today, so here is verse7:

Do not be wise in your own eyes.
Fear the Lord and shun evil.

I have found that in countless personal experiences, the times I know a fall is coming is when I read and suddenly find everyone else's flaws in the scripture and have trouble pinpointing my own. I keep finding (repeatedly) that it is healthy to be aware of the ways that we are less than God.

What stuck out to you in this chapter?

No comments:

Post a Comment