Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Proverbs 1

Here's what jumped out to me as I read today's proverb:

Proverbs 1:18-19
18 These men [described in v. 11-14] lie in wait for their own blood; 
   they ambush only themselves! 
19 Such are the paths of all who go after ill-gotten gain; 
   it takes away the life of those who get it.


This stuck out to me because it seems so often that sinfulness comes out of selfish desires. We do things because we want to do them or the seem best for us, individually. This verse says that all those things will actually be our ruin. 

1 comment:

  1. "If sinners entice you, do not give in to them" (v. 10) jumped out at me because of a discussion I had with my best friend last night. We have friends who come into town from all over the country around the holidays, and they always bring drama. I do not enjoy them being in town because they always want to go out and get into trouble, and difficult situations always arise. This was a really good scripture for me to start with for December!!! :)

    ReplyDelete